Detroit Style Pizza is Awesome!
February 14, 2018
Detroit-style pizza is a style of pizza developed in Detroit, Michigan. It is a 10” x 8” rectangular pizza that has a thick deep-dish crisp crust and toppings such as pepperoni and mushrooms. What makes Detroit-style pizza different from Chicago and New York styles is the crust, which is extra thick and very crispy on the bottom. The square shaped pizza is the result of being baked in a square pan, which is often not a pizza pan, industrial parts trays are often used, which were originally made to hold small parts in factories but for 241 Pizza it will be baked in authentic Blue Steel Pans.
The crust of a Detroit-style pizza is twice-baked, it is prepared in a well-buttered (Whirl) pan to a chewy medium-well-done state that gives the bottom and edges of the crust a crunchy texture while being chewy on the inside.
- 241 Pizza uses authentic Blue Steel Pans.
- Detroit Style Pizza is available in one size, referred to as 4 squares.
- Detroit Style pizza is Crispy on the outside and Chewy on the inside.
- 241 Pizza will feature the following Detroit Style Pizzas:
- Meat Lovers-Pepperoni, Pizza Bacon Strips and Ham
- Hawaiian – Ham, Pizza bacon Strips and Pineapple
- Veggie –Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Green peppers
- Chicken Club – Chicken, Red Onions and Tomatoes
- These DSP will be available in 4 squares or 8 squares, one pizza or two pizzas.
- Detroit Style Pizza (DSP) will also be available in the Create your own segment.
- DSP will not be offered as a 241 Tuesday option.
Deep Cheesy Garlic Loaf
- Also prepared in a 10” x 8” Blue Steel Pan.
- The Garlic Loaf is cut into 8 Pieces.
- The Garlic loaf is also Crispy on the outside and Chewy on the inside.
241 Pizza is Now Mobile Friendly!
August 04, 2015
Now you can use our new Store Locator when you are out on-the-go with our new mobile website right from your iPhone or smart phone. Find a location near you, order a pizza, or even check out our latest contests and promotions.